SOUTHWESTERN MEDICAL DISTRICT
The Southwestern Medical District delivers renowned health care in partnership with innovative, world-class research and education.
The District, bordered by Mockingbird Lane, Medical District Drive, the Stemmons Freeway, and Maple Avenue, includes a 390-acre medical complex which employs a workforce of nearly 28,000 people.
Its medical facilities attract almost 2.3 million patient visits a year to its clinics and hospitals in the District, providing services from pediatric preventive care to geriatric services, from life-saving emergency care to heart transplants.
Parkland was the first facility to open in the District in 1954 and soon partnered next door on Harry Hines Boulevard with UT Southwestern Medical Center. Then came what is today known as UT Southwestern St. Paul University Hospital in 1963, Children's Medical Center Dallas in 1967, and UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy in 1989.
The District's future is one of growth and advancement. Children's has undergone a major renovation, including a 10-story tower that adds services and expands capabilities. Construction continues on the $1.271 billion new Parkland hospital campus. The 2.5 million-square-foot facility will be completed in 2014. And UT Southwestern's new $800 million state-of-the-art medical facility - the William P. Clements Jr University Hospital - is rapidly changing the North Campus skyline. The 12-story, 1.31 million-square-foot hospital is slated to open in November 2014.
A 500,000-square-foot biotechnology park on 13 acres, called BioCenter at Southwestern Medical District, is attracting innovative biotech companies to the area as well as increasing research opportunities.
|Contact | UT Southwestern Medical Center | BioCenter at Southwestern Medical District | Children's Medical Center | Parkland|